- This event has passed.
Maniphesto Community Leadership Seminar
March 11, 2022 @ 17:00 - March 14, 2022 @ 13:00 CET
Some men in Maniphesto are saying they are interested in living together to create a foundation to further their development as men. There are others who want to live together to collaborate on projects that can serve other men and/or society as whole. Then there are others interested in intensifying the sense of community present in the Maniphesto network.
To respond to this desire for creating community, Paul Robson, the leader of Maniphesto and David Reis will hold the Maniphesto Community Leadership Seminar, a 2,5 day workshop at Maniphesto HQ.
David has lived in spiritual communities for over 20 years; in communal houses as well as in larger “landed” communities of 25-80 people. He has taken various roles from gardener, healer, group facilitator, board member and one of a group of eight international leaders. He harvested many of the keys to community success into his model “A New Community” which he will use during the workshop. He also brings 8 years of training in systems oriented work communication skills and 20 years as a therapist.
Paul has worked to develop, support and lead communities his whole adult life. He worked for eight years in a global tech company leading and coordinating a global group of 27 Environmental Sustainability Managers. He has lived in spiritual communities for periods of 3 months to 3 years. And he has built the Maniphesto network from the ground up to the premier men’s movement community in Europe today with a stable community hub at Maniphesto HQ.
Paul will frame the workshop and present a foundational framework for community structure and leadership. David will bring a toolbox full of tools, models and exploratory processes to help you learn how to create communities of men to fulfill specific purposes or the community of men you have been thinking about.
This workshop will include regular times of collective reflection to ensure it is meeting the needs of the participants. So bring your interests, questions and curiosity!
The workshop will include the following topics:
- Understanding and exploring why community is important
- Community hierarchy and King-Priest / Patriarch-Matriarch dynamics
- The key to success: Clarity at the center – Purpose, Values and Spirit
- Four functions of all communities
- Workshopping creating a community
- Clear communication and ways to communicate clearly
- Role of the leader and the function of leadership
- Group dynamics–what you can expect
- Tools for navigating group dynamics—both the very creative and the dysfunctional
- The differences between a network and a community and how to benefit from each
- Community Rituals – the shared meal as a case study
- Leadership in practice – getting others on board with your vision
This course is for you if you:
- are inspired by the Maniphesto vision
- want more connected community in your life
- want to spend time together with like minded people to gain a deeper understanding of community
- want to develop your vision of what your future community could look like
- have a sense that you could live together in a community with like-minded people
Sign up here: https://maniphesto.com/register/maniphesto-community-leadership-seminar/
Goals of the program
- Understand the fundamental role of community in human fellowship and underline its value
- Share and develop the New Community Model
- Give inspiration, concrete tools and support for men wanting to engage in community building
- Create a network and connections for ongoing knowledge exchange and development
Friday, 11 March 17.00 to Monday 14 March 13.00
David Reis and Paul Lloyd Robson
Food and Accommodation 3 nights
Workshop: 2,5 days